Friday, October 23, 2009

Have a happy happy happy happy Diwali

Last weekend we went to the Hare Krishna festival of lights in Spanish Fork. It was the hindu holiday Dawali which is a celebration of their new year. I know it's October, I don't get it either. Or maybe you do. Anyway, definitely one of my better Saturday Nights. Lots of chanting and dancing which was great for our love of people watching. They even had a little petting zoo area where they had talking parrots and little calves. We didn't stay long, mostly because of the smell but it was a good time while it lasted. I really wish we had more pictures but I forgot to charge the camera...again. But if you've seen the diwali episode of the office, it's pretty much just like that.

(They carried this thing around the temple like 108 times!)
We asked these ladies to take a couple pictures for us. Probably the worst picture takers ever!
Attempt #1

\
Attempt #2


No comments:

Post a Comment