Friday, September 25, 2009

Ode to Wholesale Flooring

Today is the last day I will answer the phone with, "thank you for calling wholesale flooring." Today is the last day I will be stuck in geneva road traffic on my way to work. Today is the last day I will have to secretly do my homework because I'm using the work computer. (and wait til the owners leave to print my assignments.) Today is the last day I will have to wait to go to the bathroom until Laura gets back from lunch, as to not miss a single phone call. After all the phone calls are our "LIFELINE," and missing one would surely put the company under. Right Joe? Today is the last day Joe will call me from his office to pick up his papers off the printer. This is the last day Guy will throw garbage at me as he walks in the door, so I can throw it away. This is the last day I will see all the people I really love so much at this office, and this is the last day I will get to see Dan at work:( Leaving will be bitter-sweet, but mostly just sweet.

(the lovely view from my desk.)

(Danny boy hard at work. I'll miss working with him.)

(Laura and Rudy work in accounting. They are awesome.)

(This is Kurt the warehouse boy who is never here. But we love him anyway.)

1 comment: