Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Familia!

Seriously so much family. It seems like we haven't been home this whole month. My sister Coleen brought the fam to Utah for a funeral, so I spent the weekend at my mom's playing with her kids Jackson and Lexi. They are most adorable. The best part about having company is I always have an excuse to not go to the gym. The worst part about having company is I always seem to add on a few pounds.


(Jackson's picture smile.)

(So Presh.)

The same weekend my sister was here, Dan's brother Eric and his wife Christy had their wedding reception in springville. It was in her family's backyard which is seriously so gorgeous. Her parents have created their own mini Thanksgiving Point, all by themselves. One day I'm going to be good at DIY projects....one day. They had cookie ice cream sandwiches. I'm really not sure if there is a better invention than cookie ice cream sandwiches. They were so good.
(Dan's sister Shonnee pounded that cookie sandwich in like 3 seconds flat. Good job Shonnee!)

My parents came to the recpetion too:)

(I wish. In real life Dan is only 2" taller than me)

The next weekend we drove with my parents to Las Vegas for Lexi's 1st birthday. Every time my Dad takes us to Vegas he tries to stop at Cove Fort. (This little old pioneer village kinda near cedar city.) Before Dan came along, we were always able to outvote my dad. This year we stopped at Cove Fort. Thanks Dan. But it actually turned out to be pretty cool and I felt good about myself for honoring/learning about the pioneers on the actual pioneer day. We even got little pioneer toys at the end of the tour.


(Dan and I don't always look this sloppy. Just on long car rides and tours at Cove Fort.)

On Lexi's birthday we all went swimming and had cake and ice cream. Lexi had zero interest in opening presents, so Jackson, being the great older brother that he is, opened them all for her. Lexi got her very own birthday cake but I knew she couldn't eat it all so I helped her out.

(Jackson and Lexi)

(Biggest brother Josh. He doesn't normally look like that)

(Big brother Garrett)

(The whole crew in the pool.)

(J-man )

(Birthday girl waiting for Jackson to open her presents.)

(Love the picture cakes.)


1 comment: