Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday lasted 3 days this year. Not bad. On Friday I came home from work with Dan to find a piano sitting in our front room! Happy birthday to me! I've wanted a piano for so long. I use to talk about it all the time but didn't really think I would get one for a long time. (Isn't is beautiful?)

Dan is so good at surprising me. I had no idea he was getting me a piano. I love it! On my actual birthday I woke up early so I could play the piano. I'm so excited to get good at it again, which may take a long time. At nine I went to help the young women fulfill their responsibility of cleaning the church. Unfortunately none of the girls showed up, so two other leaders and I cleaned it by ourselves. Seriously girls, get out of bed. So disappointed.

(I made Dan get up and drive me to the church because It was my birthday.)

After cleaning Dan took me to the mall and bought me a new pair of Jordan's. Love them. He also bought me some new sheet music so I could start practicing on my new piano. Dan wanted to make sure we got a song that he could sing along to. We'll let you know when we're ready to perform. After a little practicing, we watched food network to pass the time until we could go to dinner. We ate at Tucano's which is so YUMMY. (Oh and my parents came too.)

I usually make sure to go the gym before I eat at a place like Tucano's but in honor of it being my birthday, I decided to forgo that tradition and gained several pounds I'm sure. Well worth it though. On Sunday my mom made me a birthday dinner of artichoke chicken pizza (my all time favorite), fruit salad and apple pie. I don't think I've ever had a cake for my birthday. Pie is way better.

(I've wanted to try these forever. Not as good as I anticipated.)
Thanks to everyone for making it such a great day!

1 comment:

  1. "Oh and my friends Katie and Kara text me on my birthday and told me happy birthday which pretty much made my entire day. I sure hope I can hang out with those two girls soon, because they are the coolest girls ever."

    ReplyDelete